Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question about synthetic backups

2008-02-20 08:41:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question about synthetic backups
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:22:37 -0500

From what I understand about synthetics, you have to have one "real" full backup, so there has to be a schedule with that type.

Just run another non-synthetic full backup if all you want is a full....

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"dbergen" <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

02/19/2008 09:52 PM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Question about synthetic backups

When I attempt a synthetic backup and the most recent backup of the client is a full backup nothing happens.

Nothing happens because Netbackup says there was no incremental backup to analyze. My question is: So What?

I want another full backup, to a completely different volume pool, shouldn't Netbackup realize that the volume pool is different and run the synthetic backup again?

Hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks,
dbergen

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.