Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring Shadow Copy Component/System State

2008-02-14 11:46:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring Shadow Copy Component/System State
From: Mike Kiles <mikekiles AT yahoo DOT com>
To: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>, Randy Samora <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:25:25 -0800 (PST)
I recently did a full system restore of a win2k3
machine to another win2k3 machine and didnot follow
the doc. Here is what I did:
1. Backup server A (ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES) running win2k3
NBU6.0MP4
2. On server B, which is also win2k3, install
NBU6.0MP4
3. From Master, did a full system restore of server A
onto server B (C: D: E: F: G: and Shadow Copy
Components
4. After restore is done, I unlug network cable from
server B and reboot
5. When B came up, changed the name and IP addr, and
boot again
6. At this point server B has the same software loaded
as that of A and identical config

I did the same procdure on 3 machines so far, same
hardware, except missing one emulex HBA in one
machine.

Cheers

MK
--- "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel"