Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] configure nodes of VCS Oracle Rac cluster as media servers

2008-02-12 12:58:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] configure nodes of VCS Oracle Rac cluster as media servers
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT yahoo DOT ie>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:38:49 +0000 (GMT)
Hi, I am configuring a 2 node VCS cluster for backup and i would like to know the recommendations for doing this. Both nodes will have access to a virtual tape library which is san connected. The cluster is running Oracle RAC.

I have installed the media server software on each node of the cluster and used the physical node name during the install. I want to back up each node directly to the virtual tape library.

DO i need to run the cluster_config script? I do not necessarily want Veritas to manage media server failover between the nodes as this is an active/active cluster.

Should i configure each node of the cluster as though it were an independent SAN media server?

Thanks for any advice!

Mark