Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 96

2008-02-11 09:05:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 96
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:44:47 -0500

What is your configuration?
What kind of tape library are you using.  Check your policy and the " volume policy pool"  is correct.
that can cause 96 errors.

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

bnetra <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

02/11/2008 01:22 AM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Status 96

Using NBU 6.0MP4 on Windows.

While executing a manual backup NBU is giving Status 96 error "unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available (96)". I ran the media list and found that there are enough volumes available under this policy volume pool.

Where is the problem? What is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

BNetra

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such communications.