Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] VSP Files

2008-02-07 08:35:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] VSP Files
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 08:15:26 -0500

In the Java GUI or Windows GUI, under host properties, master server > client attributes

Add your clients to the list you want to set to VSS, highlight the client then select the open file backup tab, and select to use vss  (only for 2003).

you may want to reboot a client that has locked vsp files so you can delete them afterwards

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"amure1" <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

02/07/2008 06:55 AM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  VSP Files

Hi I have searched this forum for help with locked VSP files and am a little bit more confused that when I started..

I'm using 2003 Servers with no 2000 servers in the domain and from what you guys are saying i should have VSS files not VSP?!?

The servers were not upgraded from 2000 and were a clean install to 2003 & I'm using NB 6.0MP5.

Well the question I got is how do I change these files to VSS as from what I gathered from the posts these don't fill up the drives and if they do what other options do I have..

Thanks

Marcus :D

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.