Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VSP Files

2008-02-07 08:08:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VSP Files
From: amure1 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:54:02 -0800
WOW there must be another way surely?!?!? cant deal with more  problem.  Would
rather delete them everyday till I have time incase of any problem (not that I
get any free time [Crying or Very sad] )...

[quote="ewilts"]You need to uninstall the maintenance pak, then uninstall the
client, then reboot. If you're not unlucky and found yourself with an
unbootable system, you can then re-install the client, using the custom
installation option to not install VSP. Once you've done this, you can then
upgrade the clients in the future without reboots.

There are cases where the uninstall will render your system unbootable -
Veritas has technotes on this on how to recover. Even though the technotes
describe a very small set of cases where this can happen, we've found other
cases that don't fit their description that suffered the same fate - from a
blue screen on boot to a continuous reboot cycle.

VSP is evil on Windows 2003. I am shocked that it is still installed by default
when it's not required and when Veritas knows that uninstalling it could render
the system unbootable.

.../Ed