Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Aptare Storage Console vs. Veritas Backup Reporter

2008-02-05 15:19:27
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Aptare Storage Console vs. Veritas Backup Reporter
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 13:57:23 -0600
On Feb 4, 2008 4:33 PM, Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org> wrote:
It's been a while since I've done the head-to-head but I recently asked my salesrep for a quote on VBR to see if it might be worthwhile be switching.  VBR is considerably more expensive than Aptare's StorageConsole.  However, I will add that I just saw Aptare's new license terms today and didn't like them one bit.  I've got a query in to them...

To show you how well Aptare responds, my query was answered (satisfactorily) at 11:30pm by their CFO.  I also received a phone call from their CEO at 6:30am his time this morning.  My concerns were unfounded and referred to old wording of the EULA.

Others may have complained about Aptare's tech support, but in general I've found them pretty good.  I do plan my upgrades around their schedule (we're 2 hours ahead of them) but I also get email responses from them around their clock.  Unlike some vendors, they're willing to work with you to do the right thing although they don't have 7x24 support like Veritas does.  They all speak proper English though.

Aptare does have a marketing competitive analysis of their product vs VBR.  I'm sure Veritas has one of their own with their own sides of the truth.  See if you can get your hands on those and determine your own truth from them.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org