Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.1 Limit number of tape drives while stageing to disk

2008-02-04 21:02:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.1 Limit number of tape drives while stageing to disk
From: "Tim Hoke" <thoke AT northpeak DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:47:22 -0600
Check out this TechNote from Symantec:

Here's what you are looking for:

III.B. How to Decrease The Number of Simultaneous Duplication Jobs That Will be Activated

As seen in Example 3 above, it is possible for a DSSU relocation job to create enough duplication jobs to occupy all the tape drives in a tape library.  It is possible to configure NetBackup to activate a smaller number of duplication jobs for a DSSU relocation job.

To do this, the administrator should define an additional media manager storage unit that is configured with aMax Concurrent Write Drives setting that is equal to the maximum number of drives that should be used at one time for DSSU relocation. The customer's DSSU configuration should then be modified to specify this new storage unit as the FSU.  (see section III.C. below for an example)