Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] cron script doing global search to backup specificfiles

2008-01-31 19:00:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] cron script doing global search to backup specificfiles
From: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:44:53 -0700
I don't have an environment that I can test this on right now but you
might try excluding everthing then including back in the "*.pst" files
afterward, ie:

$cat /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list.policyname
/

$cat /usr/openv/netbackup/include_list.policyname
*.pst

...might work...

Otherwise you could use "find" to create an include list every day...
find /mntpoint -type f -name "*.pst" >/tmp/include.me
bpplinclude policyname -l | sed s/^INCLUDE *// >/tmp/remove.me
bpplinclude policyname -delete -f /tmp/remove.me
bpplinclude policyname -add -f /tmp/include.me
nbpemreq -updatepolicies

...the second is a bit kludgy but it should work...