Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Exec

2008-01-28 17:06:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Exec
From: "Bockert, Patrick" <Patrick.Bockert AT disney DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:45:43 +0000

I'm testing a new backup strategy, rather then do full backup everyday I'm interested in doing a Weekly Full on Monday and Daily Incremental for the rest of the week.

My question is, how do I take Monthly Full's into account? For example this week I'd like to schedule a Monthly Full on Thursday. Would it interfere with the Daily Incremental scheduled for the rest of the week?

I could delete the scheduled Daily Incremental for Thursday but when I resume the Daily Incremental on Friday for the rest of the week won't it be associated with the last full back up, the Monthly Full?

Could someone enlighten me on the subject?

Thanks,
Patrick Bockert
Sr. Systems Analyst, MCSE
Global Security Systems