Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VxSS/NBAC

2008-01-24 17:54:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VxSS/NBAC
From: "Johnson, Eric" <Eric.Johnson AT mtsallstream DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:44:42 -0500

In planning our upgrade to NB6.5, I’ve also been looking at the NBAC feature. Is anyone here using it in it’s complete implementation (ie, including client authentication) and have any comments about it?

Is full client auth overkill? It seems like the certificates that are issued via the ‘bpnbat –LoginMachine’ command do indeed expire at some point and (I’m guessing) will require someone to log into the client issue the command again to request another cert. In a large environment, this sounds like a huge pain.

Eric