Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 MP4, catalog backups stealing tape from scratch pool

2008-01-24 10:20:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6 MP4, catalog backups stealing tape from scratch pool
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Wilkinson, Tim" <Tim.Wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:00:35 -0600
With NBU 6.0, you don't need to do anything special.  Catalog tapes will be taken from the Scratch pool if necessary and will be put back when they expire.  Your hot catalog backups have a frequency and retention just like any other backup.  As the images expire, the tapes go back to the pool automatically - they're not "rogue" at all.  You don't need to move them around yourself - just let NetBackup do its thing.

   .../Ed