Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Any issues about moving NetBackup from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10?

2008-01-21 18:18:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Any issues about moving NetBackup from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10?
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: Matthew Stier <Matthew.Stier AT us.fujitsu DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:04:34 +1100

You should see some performance increases going from Solaris 8 to 10. Not sure if I would run it in a container but it's up to you.

I would recommend upgrading to solaris 10 and then let it run for a week or two. Then maybe migrate to a zone and do the same. Then do the 6.5 upgrade and see how you go.

You should also read this:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/275107.htm

It has all the caveats about Solaris 10 and Netbackup. If you do run it in a zone it has to be the global one which is not much different to just running it the vanilla way in Solaris.

Cheers,

Dominik