Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackp Activity Log missing jobs

2008-01-18 11:21:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackp Activity Log missing jobs
From: Bobby R Windle <bwindle AT wlgore DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:54:40 -0500

I'm running Netbackup Enterprise 6.5 fix1 under Solaris 10.
In my Netbackup Administrator Console, I'm finding missing jobs. I have all my keep_jobs setting at 950. This is like 40 days.
I clear the Activity monitor every week. There should be no reason why I'm missing jobs information. I can go back into the
catalog and confirm the jobs did indeed run. Any ideas why Netbackup is loosing this information. I use this data for reports
that the business need to see. I'm concerned that this reporting in Activity monitor is so unreliable. Does anyone else see
this happening? Perhaps I have some other problem causing this. Plenty of free storage available in all directories as well.

Thanks

Bobby Windle | W.L. Gore & associates, Inc.
Backup / Disaster Recovery Admin
work: 302 292 4026
cell  : 302 588 7374
bwindle AT wlgore DOT com | http://www.gore.com