Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] One Client Per Policy

2008-01-17 11:14:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] One Client Per Policy
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <carrd AT ijet DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:42:37 -0500

The OP wasn’t asking if it is possible to have more than one client per policy.  He was asking whether having ONLY one client per policy was a good idea or more to the point whether anyone with hundreds of clients was doing so.

In our environment we have a couple of hundred clients and nowadays we typically make policies for each client and not only that we often make policies for different purposes on individual clients so may have more than two policies per clients.  Mostly we do this to separate database backups (Oracle/MSSQL) from “OS” backups where we backup everything EXCEPT the database.

In most places I’ve worked the policies were setup this way.