Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 21, Issue 19

2008-01-15 15:29:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 21, Issue 19
From: Joe Royer <jroyer AT digitalmotorworks DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:11:05 -0600 (CST)
If you put a TSM tape in a library that is now controlled by NBU, then
yes, NBU will overwrite it because it has no knowledge of the TSM
database.

Running an inventory isn't going to help in this situation, you will need
to keep track of when TSM expires the tape so you can recycle it under
NBU.

If NBU put the data on tape, then no, it won't be overwritten until the
retention period has expired.

--
Joe Royer / Sr. SysAdmin / Digital Motorworks / 512-692-1028

attachments from your system.