Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] jnbSA fails to start on RHEL5 Linux - java error

2008-01-10 06:35:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] jnbSA fails to start on RHEL5 Linux - java error
From: rmrenfield <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:49:05 -0800
I just did a fresh install of NetBackup Enterprise 6.5 on a fresh install of
RHEL5. Attempt to jnbSA resulted in the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so:
libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Symantec states that the NetBackup Java Administration Console (jnbSA) is not
supported on RedHat 5.0 systems (see
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293247.htm).

While it may not be supported, I found the resolution to the java error is to
install libXp. Java Console appears to work just fine.