Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] OS/400?

2008-01-07 14:35:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] OS/400?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:12:59 -0500

We have a couple of old AS400s and have to do backups using the built in software.  To make it even worse the one AS400 is running a very old version (4.5) of OS/400 so can’t even be run remotely.  We have to come on site once a month to do the full system save and IPL which takes 18-24 hours.  L

I gather with 5.1 OS/400 you have remote options available but this is a legacy system with some Production usage so they aren’t interested in upgrading.  (Luckily we are replacing its only remaining Production use within the next couple of months so won’t have to do the backups so frequently or on weekends.)   I don’t know of any way to integrate either version OS version with NBU.   We use LXI on the AS400s to track tapes there and for off site storage.