Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Strategy

2008-01-04 10:26:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Strategy
From: Joe Royer <jroyer AT digitalmotorworks DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:12:06 -0600 (CST)
BackupExec implies Windows.  IMHO Cumulative incrementals are not useful in
Windows as they produce unexpected results.  Read up on the archive bit.  You
can make it work, but the trade-off is performance.

I agree with staggering the Full.  But I also agree with one of the other
replies that you should do a nightly Full of critical data if you can get away
with it.  The questions are:  How critical are these systems?  and/or Why did
someone setup nightly Fulls to begin with?