Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Enterprise Backup Success Rate (Non Technical)

2008-01-04 09:42:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Enterprise Backup Success Rate (Non Technical)
From: "Haskins, Steve" <Steve.Haskins AT bannerhealth DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 07:28:38 -0700
Also, in Netbackup if a job errors out and restarts on its own such as
from a 156 error and completes successfully the error is counted as a
failure even though it completed.

Do partial backups count against the success rate? We use SQL backup
utilities to backup SQL databases and as we don't use the Netbackup SQL
agent Netbackup can not backup the db so it counts as a partial success
in Netbackup.

Regards