Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Need date calculation utility

2007-12-20 16:25:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Need date calculation utility
From: "Ron Jack \(Systems Network\)" <rjack AT nando DOT com>
To: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:06:35 -0500
----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu]On Behalf Of Conner,
Neil
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 2:57 PM
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Need date calculation utility

I recently switched my offsite schedule to an every-other Tuesday schedule
and I'm having difficulty calculating a valid return date for that scenario.
How do I know if any given Tuesday in the future falls on a service date or
not?

I'm running Solaris and I have the Date-Calc package by Steffen Beyer, but I
haven't found an example of how to solve this particular problem and I haven
't learned perl well enough yet to figure it out on my own - has anybody
solved a problem like this?

Thanks,
Neil

You may want to look at Date::Manip:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Date-Manip/Manip.pod

"RECURRENCE
A recurrence is simply a notation for defining when a recurring event
occurs. For example, if an event occurs every other Friday or every 4 hours,
this can be defined as a recurrence. With a recurrence and a starting and
ending date, you can get a list of dates in that period when a recurring
event occurs."