Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VMware backups in NBU 6.5.1 - Multiple concurrent snapshots?

2007-12-20 15:26:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VMware backups in NBU 6.5.1 - Multiple concurrent snapshots?
From: "Navarro, Eddy" <enavarro AT jcvi DOT org>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:09:11 -0500

Hi All,

I’ve just finished setting up a policy to backup our VMware environment using NBU 6.5.1.  Gone are the days of bpstart and bpend notify scripts in favor of the NBU Snapshot Client.

My question to those who have set this up- is it possible to have multiple VM snapshots occur simultaneously with a single proxy server?  Right now it seems like only one snapshot can be created and backed up at a time, and the only solution to improve your backup window is to have a bunch of proxy servers.  I see multiple streams in an active state, but only one stream is actually being processed at a time.

We’re running NBU 6.5.1, ESX Server 3.0.1, VirtualCenter 2.0.1, and VCB 1.1.

Thanks for any assistance,

Eddy