Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Must use local drive not working as expected with 6.0MP5

2007-12-20 04:25:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Must use local drive not working as expected with 6.0MP5
From: ldrolez <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:12:13 -0800
Hello,

I have some media servers to boost backup performance on key servers.
Backups should use local drives instead of using the master server when needed
but I does not always work...

I put all my drives in a STorage Unit Group but:
- if the STU Group is in "choose stu based on the order", 1st option, the local
drives are used by local backups... but also by remote backups. (local drives
are used even without the "must use local drives" option )
- if the STU Group is in "Failover" mode, the 1st STU is used even if I enable
the "must use local drive option".

Is this a bug ?

Cheers,

Ludo.