Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BMR_FastBoot.iso: Failed to restore system files (NBU 6.0MP)

2007-12-20 04:22:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BMR_FastBoot.iso: Failed to restore system files (NBU 6.0MP)
From: ldrolez <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:03:05 -0800
Hi !
I cannot restore a client using a BMR "fastboot" iso: after volumes creation,
the restore starts slowly and ends with the error "Failed to restore system
files".

In the bmrrst log file I have:

4 DEBUG infutils.cpp:GetInfStyle()SetupGetInfInformation has determined that
Z:\BmrEnv.INI does not exist
4 DEBUG infutils.cpppenInfFile()Inf file Z:\BmrEnv.INI does not exist, line=0,
rc=2
1 DEBUG nbutils.cpp:NBUMakeListFile()Bpclimagelist command failed--exitCode(25).
1 DEBUG nbutils.cpp:NBURestoreAllSystemFiles()Could not restore
System_State:\Boot_Files--rc=25)
2 DEBUG CWindowsRestoreStrategy.cpp:restoreFiles()Could not restore system
state, rc=25
4 DEBUG bmrrestore.cpp:BmrRestore()Stopping the restore.

Error 25 seems to be related to a connect timeout. Indeed if I use
snoop/tcpdump on the vnetd port, I see that the client sends packets to the
server but no replies are seen. Not using the "fastboot" CD, the file
restoration starts, but the restored system is broken (ntoskrnl.exe missing).

Any ideas ?
TIA,

Ludo.