Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] VCB with Netbackup 6.5.1

2007-12-19 20:33:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] VCB with Netbackup 6.5.1
From: "George Winter" <george_winter AT symantec DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:17:29 -0700
A NetBackup client does not need to be installed inside the virtual
machine when using VMware Consolidated Backup with NetBackup 6.5.1.
When using NetBackup's VMware integration, no NetBackup software needs
to be installed anywhere on the ESX server.

What type of error are you encountering?  You mention that you are
running VCB 1.1.   VMware changed the default port that is used.  VCB
1.1 uses port 443.  This is discussed on page 9 of the NetBackup 6.5.1
for VMware documentation that can be found here:

http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293350

-George