Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 10GB network + perf questions etc

2007-12-19 14:18:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 10GB network + perf questions etc
From: pancamo <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:21:03 -0800

cpreston wrote:

> > I am still waiting for someone to report > 250 MiB/s with RHEL3/4/5
> >
> using
>
> > 10GBps NICs.
> >

> I'm waiting for anyone to report > 250 MB/s on any platform. ;)

In 2006 we built a newbackup system using 10Gbps...

We've been getting over 3Gbs using RHEAS4/Netbackup 6 and Chelsio 10Gbit card
through 1 V40z media server (we have 6 media servers in total).   We are maxing
our the FC to the tape library, so if we switch to 4Gbps FC cards to the tape
library our might result in higher...

We initially tested the Intel/Sun 10Gbps cards and was only able to get 1Gb/s
through it using ttcp testing tools.  We returned the Intel/Sun 10Gb cards...
Intel has dual 10Gbps nics now, but we have not tested them.

We were able to get over 7Gbps on the Chelsio card using ttcp between two media
V40z and a cisco switch