Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 MP5 all jobs hanging

2007-12-19 13:04:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 MP5 all jobs hanging
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "Hudson, Steve" <Steve.Hudson AT ironmountain DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:50:15 -0500 (EST)
I have not seen that before but I have only used 5.1MP4 and 5.1MP6 in
production, not 5.1MP5.  If you open a case with Symantec one of the first
things they may ask you to do is upgrade to 5.1MP6, is that possible?

Justin.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Hudson, Steve wrote:

> We have seen at least 4 times in the last week where all Jobs Hang and
> it looks like BPSCHED goes away. We must then use the Kill -9 command on
> the Solaris 8 host to kill everything as the bp.kill_all and netbackup
> stop commands are ineffective. Anyone else seen this behavior in 5.1 MP5
> ???
>

> Steven R. Hudson
>
> Sysadmin - Enterprise Storage
>
> Iron Mountain
>
> 745 Atlantic Avenue
>
> Boston MA 02111
>
> Phone: (617) 535-2849
>

> steve.hudson AT ironmountain DOT com
>

> The information contained in this email message and its attachments
is intended
> only for the private and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above, unless the sender expressly agrees otherwise. Transmission
of email over the Internet
> is not a secure communications medium. If you are requesting or
have requested
> the transmittal of personal data, as defined in applicable privacy
laws by means
> of email or in an attachment to email you must select a more
secure alternate means of transmittal that supports your
obligations to protect such personal data. If the reader of this
message is not he intended recipient and/or you have received this
email in error, you must take no action based on the information in
this email and you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
misuse or coping or disclosure of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received
> this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email
and delete the original message.