Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] while vault duplication I/O oddity

2007-12-14 13:45:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] while vault duplication I/O oddity
From: Chris_Millet <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:22:55 -0800
Ok, I'm watching iostat while vault is doing a duplication job.  For some
reason, the read from the source tape is twice as fast as the write.

For instance, I will see 60MB/sec of reads from source tape and maybe 30MB/sec
of writes.

What would cause this?  This is a new issue on this environment.  I typically
see vaults match speed on reads/writes.