Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Quick question

2007-12-03 22:19:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Quick question
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 22:07:07 -0500
> The scheduler will schedule one job per window.  If you have multiple
> schedules that come due at the same time, the one with the
> longest retention period is chosen.

Rarely do I presume to correct brother Ed, but this time...  :-)

It's been a while since I tested this, but I'll bet large that the
schedule with the longest _frequency_ wins.  This is the logic that
makes an annual schedule always trump a quarterly schedule which always
trumps a monthly schedule ... weekly ... daily schedule when two or more
are due (frequency requirement met) and have the same start window.

As Ed says below, the "scheduler typically does the right thing."

Note:  the above applies to frequency-based scheduling.  The
calendar-based stuff is just whacked.

> SO...if both your weekly and monthly jobs are in the same
> policy, and both are due at the same time, the monthly will
> run.  The weekly will not run until the window next opens.
>
> The NetBackup scheduler typically does the right thing.  Most
> times, let it do what it wants to do because it's frequently
> smarter than you and I are.
>
>    .../Ed
>
> On 12/3/07, Cruice, Daniel (US - Glen Mills) <dcruice AT deloitte DOT com>
wrote:

> >   Running NBU 6.0 MP4 across the board,  totally Windows. let's say
you
> > have a full job scheduled to run on Friday, say 5:00pm start window.
And
> > you also have Monthly jobs set up scheduled to run on the last
Friday of the