Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cannot expire media

2007-12-03 09:49:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cannot expire media
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:29:02 +0000
Running Netbackup 6.0MP4 on Solaris 9 for Master server. 3 x SAN media
servers running Netbackup 5.0mp7 on solaris.

Im have recently upgraded my master from 5 to 6 and am now trying to
free up some tapes by expiring them.

When i do bpexpdate -m <media id> -d 0 <tape> im getting an error saying

"could no deassign media due to Media Manager Error"

I have also tried using the gui, set the expiration to today with a few
minutes time later than current time and the tape hasnt expired.

Someone mentioned on a previous problem had i ran nbpushdata
-modify_5x_hosts which i hadnt and am wondering can i run that now? I
did run the nbupushdata -add command after my upgrade which worked. Also
do i need to do anything on the media servers which are still at 5?

Cheers