Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to change the retention level of a tape (not the images)?

2007-11-29 20:42:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to change the retention level of a tape (not the images)?
From: Tim Hoke <thoke AT northpeak DOT org>
To: justin AT postgresql DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:29:09 -0600
Two things...

1. NBU will not reduce the retention period of a media.  That is to
say that the expiration date of a media (data portion, not the
physical useful life span) will never be made to be a date which is
closer in time to today.
2. NBU will not change the retention level.  That is to say in your
case, there's no way to change the retention level of the media from
12 to 4 (regardless of if the images expire sooner rather than later
now).

So, I think you'll be left with poking into the DB... But I wouldn't
recommend it in case something goes awry.

HTH
-Tim