Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU destaging performance?

2007-11-29 16:35:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU destaging performance?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:17:47 -0600

An LTO-3 drive needs to run at least 23MB/sec native and preferably over 80MB native (before compression).  We’re having difficulties consistently getting over 30 – and frequently get a lot lower – from our Solaris master server to our tape drives with NetBackup 6.0MP5.  Our media servers aren’t great either but they’re going over ISLs although the ISLs aren’t saturated (I’m trying to take them out of the picture for to eliminate the ISLs as a potential culprit).  Are other people getting consistently better de-stage performance?  I’m trying to determine if what we’ve got is unique to us or a more global issue.  Symantec has been trying to help for over a year but we haven’t been able to get our performance up to an acceptable level yet.

If you’re getting great performance, please drop me an email and let me know what your config is.

Thanks,

   …/Ed

--

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD