Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 1 TB limit ?

2007-11-28 11:54:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 1 TB limit ?
From: Kurian K Oommen <ko.kurian AT in.ibm DOT com>
To: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:57:12 +0530
I think i have taken backup of more than 1 TB is single stream in Netbackup
5.0 Too
Regards
K.O.Kurian

             "Jeff Lightner"
             <jlightner@water.
             Sent by:                  "Justin Piszcz"
             veritas-bu-bounce         <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>,
"Michael
             s AT mailman.eng DOT aub         Graff Andersen" <mian71 AT gmail
DOT com>
             urn.edu                                                    cc
                                       veritas-bu
                                       <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu>
             28/11/2007 21:03                                      Subject
                                       Re: [Veritas-bu] 1 TB limit ?

We routinely backup DBs of around 3 TB but do so by splitting it up into
3 streams.  None of the individual streams do 1 TB so we haven't hit any
limit like this.  If the limit actually exists you may wish to consider
doing 2 streams to back up the files.