Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpnbat -loginmachine has to be done weekly?

2007-11-26 16:34:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpnbat -loginmachine has to be done weekly?
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: "Rongsheng Fang" <unixlifebox AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:11:56 -0500

On another note, you shouldn't have to be running bpnbat -loginmachine every time it should just be bpnbat -login.  the -loginmachine is for nbu servers to authenticate, and I think by default those do not expire.

You can do bpnbat -login non-interactively, type bpnbat -help to get the following:

-Login -Info file_1 [-cf file_2] takes name, password and domain information from file_1. Places certificate in file_2 or default location.

Not sure of what the formatting should be for that though (I assume each value on a different line), I would check admin guide and the authentication and authorization yellow book: http://www.symantec.com/business/theme.jsp?themeid=yellowbooks

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"Rongsheng Fang" <unixlifebox AT gmail DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

11/26/2007 02:49 PM

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] bpnbat -loginmachine has to be done weekly?

Hi,

We are running NBU 6.0 MP5 on Solaris 10 and VxSS has been configured
and running properly. The only problem is that we have to run 'bpnbat
-loginmachine' weekly otherwise an admin user would only get the
"Backup, Arhive, and Restore" interface instead of the full access
once the admin user logs into the Admin console.

I remember seeing this somewhere and a patch has to be applied but
couldn't find that information now. Has anybody seen this before and
know a solution?

As a side question, does anybody know a way to run 'bpnbat -
loginmachine' non-interactively?

Thanks,

Rongsheng

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.