Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris Upgrade(reinstall) on NBU 5.1 master/media servers

2007-11-26 13:35:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris Upgrade(reinstall) on NBU 5.1 master/media servers
From: ypatel1 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:47:18 -0800
Hi All,
We are running NBU 5.1 MP5 on Solaris 9 with master server VCS clustered and 5
media servers. We are planning to upgrade OS from Solaris 9 to Solaris
10(reinstall) with /opt converted to ZFS from UFS. We are not upgrading NBU.
Has anyone done this type of upgrade? If yes, can you share your steps? I was
going to make a tar file of /opt/openv and save all NBU configuration. After
upgrade, I was going to resintall NB, install patches and untar old data over
new install and reconfigure drives.

Thanks,

YP