Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Suspend or Freeze media

2007-11-21 15:42:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Suspend or Freeze media
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Weathers, Matt" <mweathe AT fbinsmi DOT com>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:24:30 -0500

Actually, the other way around.  Suspended media cannot be written to by Netbackup until all the images on it expire.  Sort of a logical “tape write protect” – until the expiration date.  Then it goes back to unassigned / into the scratch pool.  Freezing a media means Netbackup will never expire or write to that media again.  I’m not sure if the actual images expire or not, but the media itself will stay assigned in that pool until it’s unfrozen.  The easiest way to suspend or freeze media is with the bpmedia command.  I generally do this kind of thing via batch command.

-Jonathan