Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] backup not expiring in netbackup 4.5

2007-11-19 08:00:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] backup not expiring in netbackup 4.5
From: ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:16:43 +0530

Hi,
I am sure it was not happening earlier. I think this problem started in the range Nov 1-3, because the backups before it has been expired.We didnt do any changes as such.
Thanks & Regards,

Ratheesh R Das
M I N D S P E E D Technologies
Storage and Backup | 866-772-4252 ext 2301
ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com

Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>

11/19/2007 06:11 PM

ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, ratheesh.das AT mindspeed DOT com wrote:

> Hi Justin,
> We have daily,weekly and monthly backups going on to disk and quarterly
> and yearly to tapes. I can see that starting from November 1-3 it is
> showing problems.Earlier it was working fine. We have only one
> master/media server.I am attaching the bp.conf for your reference.
>
> SERVER = npbextricity1
> CLIENT_NAME = npbextricity1
> LOCKED_FILE_ACTION = SKIP
> CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 300
> CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 3600
> BPSTART_TIMEOUT = 300
> BPEND_TIMEOUT = 300
> # KEEP_DAYS = 7
> VERBOSE = 0
> DASHBOARD_PORT_WINDOW = 0 0
> VAULT_VERBOSE = 0
> BPTM_VERBOSE = 5
> BPSCHED_VERBOSE = 3
> BPRD_VERBOSE = 0
> BPBRM_VERBOSE = 5
> # BPCD_VERBOSE = 5
> CLIENT_RESERVED_PORT_WINDOW = 923 1023
> BPDM_VERBOSE = -1
> SERVER_SENDS_MAIL = YES
> SLAVE_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 30
> WAIT_IN_QUEUE = YES
> QUEUE_ON_ERROR = YES
> BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = JOBID 5 true
> BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = TYPE 4 true
> BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = STATE 5 true
> BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = STATUS 6 true
> BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = POLICY 6 true
> BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = SCHEDULE 8 true
> BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = CLIENT 6 true
> BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = STARTED 7 true
> CONNECT_OPTIONS = b2b 1 1
> CONNECT_OPTIONS = b2b-b 0 1
> ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = DBR
> ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = TAR
> ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = CPIO
> ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = ANSI
> ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = AOS/VS
> ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = MTF1
> ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = RS-MTF1
> ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = BE-MTF1

You do not have anything strange or incorrect from what I can see, what patch level are you currently at with 4.5?  Have you considered upgrading to 5.1x or 6.0?  If you open a case with Symantec that is probably the first thing they are going to ask you to do.

Did this just start happening or have you been noticing it for a while now?

Can you determine what changed in your environment when this problem started to occur?

Justin.