Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] hp lto3 in sun library

2007-11-16 21:19:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] hp lto3 in sun library
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:03:27 -0600
If this is a hardware based encryption product, then you probably still want
the tape drive to do compression.  Although it won't do much, typically the
ends of blocks get compressed.  For our Decru appliances, the Decru expert
we had on site said to make sure that tape drive compression stayed enabled
since there will be a nice set of zeros padding the end of the buffers that
the drive will compress away.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD
Mounds View, MN, USA

[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of X_S