Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows_Flashbackup configuration question

2007-11-16 08:37:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows_Flashbackup configuration question
From: "Andy Skates" <andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:24:15 -0000

Can someone give me some advice concerning the configuration of Windows_Flashbackup to a UNIX based Master Server?

Master Server.

Solaris 10

NBU 5.1 MP6

Media Server

Windows 2003

NBU 5.1 MP1

I am trying to setup a Windows_Flashbackup policy from the Java console

Policy Type:      Flashbackup-Windows

The Perform snapshot backups is automatically selected. When I try and apply this I get the following error message.

An error occurred while changing policy Win_Test, status 20

Snapshot method configured not valid for this Policy type or attributes.

If I select the Advanced Snapshot Options button, I get the following error message

Unable to retrieve snapshot methods for policy ‘Win_Test’,

Error status 227: No snapshot methods found.

I am trying to migrate the Media Server from a Windows Master (NBU 5.1 MP3) to this new environment.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Regards,

Andy Skates