Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Encryption via appliance

2007-11-16 08:29:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Encryption via appliance
From: X_S <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:10:33 -0800
we have used the appliance from neoscale for about a year but then stopped a
year ago.  we have a windows netbackup environment and disappearing tape drives
is just a headache.  we use persistent binding and that helps but at the time
the appliance itself would shuffle the drives whenever it was rebooted or
brought down for some reason.  other than this, it worked just fine.  however,
do a lookup for Cisco's SME, you may want to consider this.  this is an
alternative to the appliance and should be coming out sometime soon.