Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Suggestions for large files

2007-11-15 11:38:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Suggestions for large files
From: bthessel <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:14:15 -0800
I have 2.25 TB of 30 GB files that I need to push to tape. My LTO3 drives are
direct attached to my master and media server right now so I can not make the
server hold the files a media server. Any recommendations to make sure  I get
this done as quickly as possible? Should I specify individual files in the
selection list and then enable a number of multiple streams or would that just
slow it down more than letting them run one at a time? Should I break it into
multiple policies? Any help is appreciated.