Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] More than one backup session at a time to the tape drive (multiplexing per drive) - never seen :)

2007-11-14 17:10:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] More than one backup session at a time to the tape drive (multiplexing per drive) - never seen :)
From: "Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy" <anepomn AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:42:13 -0500
Dear All,

My apologies for a dummy question...

VERITAS NetBackup™ DataCenter 3.4 System Administrator's Guide
http://dlc.sun.com/pdf/875-1921-10/875-1921-10.pdf  describes how to
setup "Maximum multiplexing per drive" (see "Managing Storage Units"
and then select "Storage Unit Type Properties - Media Manager Storage
Units"  pages 30-31).

I have set "Maximum multiplexing per drive" to 2, I see jobs queued in
the "Activity monitor", but I have never seen more than one backup
active.

What am I missing?

Thank you,
Aleksandr