Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BPCOVERAGE internals

2007-11-13 17:40:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BPCOVERAGE internals
From: "Marianu, Jonathan" <JM7640 AT att DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:24:23 -0800

I’d like to obtain a list of the file systems on our unix clients for reporting. Bpcoverage uses some type of mechanism to obtain this list.

Can anyone provide further insight as to how bpcoverage obtains a list of the remote client’s file systems?

I have run strings against the binary and found the function, “get_mount_info”

The truss –eai command has not yet yielded any information to help me discover how bpcoverage  works.

bpdir does NOT appear to provide the list of remote file systems, like df, Instead it is more of a directory listing like ls which is not sufficient.

Bpmount does provide this information but I have not yet determined how to run this remotely against another host.

Any information on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Marianu (mah ree ah' nu)
AT&T Storage Planning and Design Architect
(360) 597-6896
Work Hours 0800-1800 PST M-F

Manager: David Anderson
(314) 340-9296