Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Dilemma...need some info.

2007-11-08 22:09:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Dilemma...need some info.
From: "jim fred" <jim.fred01 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:54:10 +1100
Hi

If a business is going to change backup products you have to consider managment of the backup services that are retired.  They have to be operational during the transistion for DR any user requested restores plus archival restores.    You may have to have the old backup system around for sometime in order to recover from old baxckups.

Some people like to bundle backup into secuirty because of "data protection".   There are SOX implications for data recoverability from old systems once the new service is in place. I.E spread the political workload.

Jim