Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] DSSU Relocation

2007-11-08 11:52:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] DSSU Relocation
From: "Gregory Demilde" <gdemilde AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 17:29:25 +0100
Ed & Andrew,

Thank you !!! I will ask my fix ;o)

Greg

On Nov 8, 2007 4:45 PM, Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org> wrote:
On 11/8/07, Andrew Sydelko <andrew AT sydelko DOT org> wrote:
On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:34:22 +0100
"Gregory Demilde" <gdemilde AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> I have just installed 2 media servers running NBU 6.0 MP5 and I see some
> issue with the relocation. The parent relocation job finishes with error
> code 0 after 5 minutes even if there are still duplication jobs active
> and/or queued. Have anyone of you already seen this?

Yep, it's a known bug. There are engineering binaries to fix it. The only issue is if another relocation starts while one is running, it will attempt to relocate images that have already been relocated.

This issue is also fixed.  The binary you need is bpbrmds and the Symantec ETrack number is ET1119235.  We drove the issue here and worked with Symantec to test the fix and it really does fix the issues.  Symantec fixed this back in September.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org