Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up NetBackup on Solaris

2007-11-07 14:27:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up NetBackup on Solaris
From: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>
To: "'Alexander Skwar'" <listen AT alexander.skwar DOT name>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 19:06:45 -0000
If I read you right, you want to backup /usr/openv then uninstall 5.1, install
6.5 and restore the database. If I understand this correctly, then the biggest
problem I see is the restoring of the database, as it needs to be converted to
6.0+ standards. Maybe this can be accomplished after the install and the reload;
I don't know having never done it that way. You don't mention what those drastic
changes are but you may be better off backing up 5.1 the way you mention, and
then upgrade to 6.5 so that the database is converted, and then make you drastic
changes. Just my £.01 (2 cents) worth. :)

Regards,

Patrick Whelan
netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for UNIX