Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] aptare forum?

2007-11-07 09:18:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] aptare forum?
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: "Nardello, John" <john.nardello AT wamu DOT net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:03:18 -0500

We have two master servers reporting to our Portal.   A total of about 650 servers.
The main slowness I see is then you drill down to the backup job details, that can be slow.
Also certain reports that involve going back several months and looking at thousands of backups.

We are running on Solaris, with seperate Portal and Database servers.  The Portal and Database
communicate over a DWDM link.  Portal is on a V120 and the database is on a 4CPU v440 with 16G memory.
The database system shares with 8 other datbases.  CPU usage spikes to 25% occaisionally.

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

"Nardello, John" <john.nardello AT wamu DOT net>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

11/06/2007 06:16 PM

<VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] aptare forum?

Since you've brought this to mind then, anyone want to reveal the largest number of clients they're reporting on through Aptare ? Just curious if some of our Aptare slowness is due to the several thousand clients we report on or something on our server.

- John Nardello