Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up NetBackup on Solaris

2007-11-07 08:00:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up NetBackup on Solaris
From: Alexander Skwar <listen AT alexander.skwar DOT name>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:47:33 +0100
Hello.

I'd like to upgrade an installation of NBU 5.1 to 6.5. As I'd
like to change quite a bit in the way the system is setup, I'm
actually rather planning a new installation of 6.5, after having
de-installed 5.1.

But to do that, and to have an easy fallback, I'd like to backup
the NBU 5.1 installation on the system (eg. to a tar file). What
do I need to backup, to be able to do an easy rollback? Is it
sufficient, when I backup the following:

- /usr/openv
- /opt/openv
- /etc/*.d/*netbackup   (init scripts)

Do I need anything else?