Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Preventing duplication from using tapes

2007-11-06 09:22:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Preventing duplication from using tapes
From: "Preston, Douglas L" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:06:53 -0500
You can change the media from those servers to a different (duplater)
media pool and modify your duplication process to not duplicate that
pool

I do that here,  I duplicate 10% of our servers data and send the
original tapes from the other 90% offsite.
It just takes customizing the duplication selections.  To duplicate the
that tapes you wish to duplicate at a later time create a separate
duplication job that only selects the duplater pool.

Doug Preston
Systems Engineer
Land America Tax and Flood Services
Phone 626-339-5221 Ext 1104
Email  dlpreston AT landam DOT com

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may constitute a communication
that is legally privileged. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this
electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system
without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail, so that our
address record can be corrected.