Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] disable tld

2007-11-05 20:16:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] disable tld
From: Joe Royer <jroyer AT digitalmotorworks DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:53:17 -0600 (CST)
Is there a way to manually down tld0, thus forcing the library drives to AVR?
I tried upoprbyname and that still put the drives in TLD.

Today is not a good day.  The robot is dead, and the vendor is having
"logistics issues" which means I have been waiting on a replacement part for 9
hours now.  Occasionally NetBackup downs tld0 on its own, the drives go to AVR,
and I can manually switch tapes to keep things flowing.  Just as magically, the
robot will start responding again, NBU up's tld0 and the drives that aren't
currently busy go down.

If there is some way to force the drives to AVR, I can finish flushing my DSSUs
and be relatively ok until the parts arrive (I hope).  I have tried unplugging
the fibre connection to the robot (not the drives) and that didn't work, but I
only waited about 10 minutes, so maybe I didn't satisfy some timeout.

Help

PS:  Said vendor is being flogged, I'm angling for Platinum support at Silver
prices since that's the level of service I have recieved today.

attachments from your system.